Reporter (Per Diem)
· Fill-in reporter on all shifts; 5 days a week on average. Often lead newscasts.
· Develop stories for live hits each half hour by finding new interviews, confirming facts, re-writing scripts
· Facebook Live daily (in addition to other social media usage). Posts generate thousands of views.
· Flexible and reliable for breaking news coverage including large protests and sports games
WTIC-TV (FOX 61), Hartford, CT April 2014- April 2016
· Daily live shots, most in field for 4p, 5p, 10p, 11p shows. Stories on more than one topic a night not uncommon
· Permanent fill-in anchor (solo) for 3-hour weekend morning show. On desk from May 2015 -March 2016.
· Often in Top 10 on FOX 61's social media engagement report. Promote news on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
· Go-to reporter for all things American Idol including exclusive interviews and live reports from Los Angeles
WPTZ/WNNE-TV, Burlington, VT Oct. 2011-April 2014 Video Journalist/Reporter
· Solo-shot, wrote, interviewed and edited a package and multiple VOSOTs each shift. Filed in field via FTP
· Broke stories through sources developed in state/city government, court system, area hospitals, police dpts.
· Appeared live nightly with top story in three-state market
· Created, managed story follow-up system for newsroom
· Posted articles, videos, photos to web daily. Shared/teased content via social media
WCIU-TV—“YOU & ME THIS MORNING,” Chicago, Illinois March 2011-Oct. 2011
Associate Producer (Field/Live/Content)
· Planned, shot, wrote, produced and edited multiple weekly segments for news/talk/entertainment show
· Created, managed show’s social media presence on Facebook and Twitter
· Booked guests for live appearances, taped pieces
WLNS-TV 6, Lansing, Michigan Jan. 2011 -March 2011 General Assignment Reporter
· Reported, wrote and self-edited packages and VOSOTs as on-air intern
· Fronted live shots in the field and in the studio
· Covered breaking news, local news, political news, educational news, etc.
BIG TEN NETWORK —“NEWS AT NORTHWESTERN,” Evanston, Illinois Sept. 2009-Dec. 2010
· Introduced, voiced long-form pieces for five shows that appeared on national television multiple time
· Chosen to represent Northwestern University as one of two student anchors
TV: Good Morning America; WNEP-TV; Northwestern News Network
RADIO: WGN 720AM; WABC 770AM
ONLINE: Time Out Chicago; City Limits
EDITING: Adobe Premiere, Avid, Edius, Audacity, Final Cut Pro
WRITING/WEB: ENPS, iNews, Content Management Systems, Twitter, Google Plus, Anvato, Word Press, Opus, Facebook
SHOOTING: Panasonic P2, SD, Mini DV
OTHER: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Periscope, Meerkat
MEDILL SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM, MEDIA, INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
Bachelor of Science in Journalism and in Political Science received in March 2011 with Cum Laude Honors
TEACHING: Adjunct Lecturer (substitute) at Northwestern University; Guest speaker for college/high school classes and panels
ADVISORY: Northwestern Alumni Admissions Council; Illinois Media School Program Advisory Council
COMMUNITY: "Dancing with Chicago Celebrities;" Charity Celebrity Bartender; Chicago Marathon; NAMI CT Walk Host
- Honors, Reporting, The Chicago/Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
- 1st Place, Newscast, The Chicago/Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences